Friday, July 8, 2011

My double easel card

Hello! Here is my submission for the TOMIC Challenge #5 - Make an easel card - and then thought I would try another challenge site - Simon Says Stamp and Show - Show a Flourish. I've made an easel card once before and haven't been back to try it again. This is the first time I have used my Sizzix flourishes. Of course, I googled easel cards and looked at many beautiful cards created by amazing people. There was one card that stood out among all the rest - the double easel card - found at Sonia's Crafty Patch.
It inspired my card - thanks Sonia!
I have watched the cards that have been chosen by the Magnolia Design Team. The cards are always beautiful, over-the-top and unique. I am determined to have one of my cards chosen by the DT. Maybe this card will be the ONE? Maybe Simon Says Stamp and Show will like my card?
Now, about the card. The papers are from Close to My Heart. The paper is discontinued now but knew this was the card to use the paper on.



The Magnolia girls I coloured some time ago and was amazed how well the girls and the paper worked together - I couldn't have planned it much better!

I used Spellbinders Nestabilities behind the girls and Sizzix for the flourishes.

The girls are coloured using Copics. I've added pearls, crystals, flowers, charms and ribbon.


Thanks for checking out my card and blog. See you next week - hugs!



5 comments:

  1. Wow - now this is very fancy! Beautifully crafted, coloured and co-ordinated! Love the idea and all the embellishments bring it all together. Thank you so much for joining us this week at TOMIC. Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What afabulous card just loving the double easel its just devine and so perfect for your beautifully coloured images and yummy papers and detail. Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela......your card is TOTALLY OVER THE TOP...I hope your card gets chosen!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the TEAMIES and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous, what a great design. Bye Mascha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card you make soooooooo beautifull.
    greetings mandy
    come en see my blog too!

    ReplyDelete